Monday, November 9, 2009

Wave and Water

Wave

You were the wave that washed Dave from his dirty cave and made him shave. Without your cool watery crash there was no way I could brave the place outside my cave. But you taught me how to behave outside my cave, you made me crave what you were as a wave. Lucky you were around to save the unshaven Dave from his dirty cave. You gave me this place away from my cave where I wasn’t a slave. Now I don’t want to rave about what a huge tidal wave you are my love, but you washed me clean out of that dirty cave and I am thankful for the path that you pave for us. I would like to engrave your name on my heart.

Water

To understand what I’m feeling there must be a sign, one that will remain throughout time. Something everlasting, something you can’t copy or replicate. A unique symbol of love, a feeling that has recently captured me.

Birds fly in and out of season, their freedom is evident but they don’t seem loyal to anyone. Love is loyal, forever, a bird won’t do for me.

Would a fruit do the trick? How about an apple, the symbol of ecstasy, fertility and abundance as well as love. It does seem sweet but too sweet or not sweet enough? Is love something you can consume, something that goes after one sweet bite? I won’t believe this.

Could a music instrument do, a harp perhaps? The notes finely struck to fill our ears with such sounds that make us feel elated? Is love something we can hear, process, and store away in our brain and recognise at a later time? Without my ears I hope I can still feel love.

How about the clichés surrounding the rose, forever associated with love, purity and romance. It does look beautiful and stirs our heart, but what happens when it wilts away, sad and dying. A symbol of love should not be affected by time.

Is love to be represented by a mythological being like Cupid or Eros? A being made by man to explain the existence of love. Is love so rare that it is portray as a myth? This cannot be true because it is love that I feel now.

There is only one thing that I can use as symbol of love, something everlasting, something loyal, something we can hear always, see always, something that has been and will be forever.

Water represents what I feel to be love. It is rough it is calm. It is hot it is cold. We feel it, see it, hear it and consume it. Without water we are nothing. Without love we are worthless, inhuman.

Amy you are my wave of water, you clean me, refresh me, surround me and keep me alive. I can see you, feel you, hear you, taste you and as long as we are forever this wave will be forever. Thank you for keeping me afloat my love.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! An element of simplicity garnished with some beautiful, metaphorical ideas!

    Great!

    P.A.

    ReplyDelete